Pirates vs. Zombies Manifesto:
To promote positive & effective ways to resist zombies & the zombie virus through motivation and awareness.
The Pirate’s Code:
Note: If you don’t recognize the context in which a word is used, it may help you to refer to our glossary of terms.
- Be positive.
- Be open-minded, but respect your values.
- No complaining.
- Respect yourself.
- Maintain your vessel (body) — monitor your diet & exercise.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated — set a good example.
- Help, encourage, motivate & inspire others whenever possible.
- Don’t expect life to be fair — but know that what you give comes back to you multiplied. The better you give, the better you get.
- Treat others, including the infected, with respect — even when you disagree.
- Take responsibility for your ship (life) — no blaming others.
- Act with enthusiasm.
- Seek opportunity. Act boldly.
- Admit your mistakes, don’t hide them.
- Avoid making value judgements: “rightness/wrongness”. Instead, think of things as “wise/unwise”.
- Don’t be afraid to admit when you don’t know something.
- Aim to leave everything a little better than how you found it.
- Learn to listen — don’t just wait to speak.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Remember people’s names when you meet them.
- Say “please” and “thank you” often and with sincerity.
- Keep your promises — even (especially) to zombies.
- Never cut what you can untie.
- Give people a second chance.
- Aim to exceed people’s expectations. Do more than you’re paid for.
- Never laugh at or mock someone’s dreams or aspirations.
- Never deprive someone of hope.
- Act more, watch less.
- When you do something — aim to do it right the first time. But strive for excellence & consistency, not perfection.
- Travel. Set sail — explore!
- Don’t take life too seriously — learn the rules, then break them deliberately.
- Do not spend more than you can truly afford. Use credit cards for convenience – don’t spend what you don’t have.
- Do not keep up with the Davy Joneses.
- Focus on what you can do, not on what you cannot do.
- Focus on solutions, not problems.
- Celebrate your individuality and that of others.
- Don’t judge a vessel by its colours (ie. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover).
- Question authority — respectfully.
- Act without procrastinating — do something when it needs to be done.
- Don’t agree if you don’t agree.
- Create a chart (a bucket list) — a list of things you’d like to do before you die — refer to it frequently.
- Live with a sense of purpose. Plot your course and navigate towards your goals.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
The Pirates vs. Zombies Pirate’s Code was inspired in part by “Life’s Little Instruction Book” by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.